Saturday 26 June 2010

Managed a Challenge!

I'm hoping to feel a little bit more alive soon, as I've got some iron tablets off the doctor (iron level keeps dropping) so hopefully wont be feeling as tired as I have (can't wait for them to kick in.) Last night I actually managed to make two cards (woohoo!) both of them for challenge's going on over at A Passion for Papertrey. This one was a challenge to make a one layer card, not as easy as you think, I was soooo tempted to matt and layer or add a bit of patterned paper....lol



The stamp set is everyday classics and sweet blush ribbon (PTI), the inks are SU, pink passion, pretty in pink and regal rose, cardstock whisper white.

This card is an extra little challenge set by Aimes (I think?) and it was to make a round card, which I don't particularly find very easy as they never seem to look good for me but this is what I came up with.


Can you tell it's a button.....lol The stamp set is studio style with sweet blush ribbon and cardstock(PTI) and the inks are SU same as above.

Well that's me done blogging for tonight, still got another two cards that need making, a birthday and a sympathy (sadly.)

Take care and enjoy the rest of this gorgeous weekend ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

12 comments:

Debs said...

Hi Vicki
These are gorgeous hun - I love the 'button' one - fab idea!
Hope the iron tablets kick in soon and you find some more energy.
Take care
Enjoy the footie this afternoon!
Debs xx

Victoria said...

These are both fab Vicki - I love that button card, whata cool idea! WOuld be great in baby pink or blue for a new bubba card
Love
Victoria
x

Vanessa said...

These are fab, Vicki!!! I love the first one especially. You did a great job with the one layer challenge! The colors are beautiful! Hugs, Vanessa x

cheryl said...

oh this is one gorgoues card vicky love it the ribbon is really beautiful too hope the iron tablets kick in soon,hun I am on those too and they do make a difference hugs cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Love these cards- particularly the round one! Well done for entering two challenges!!!

Carol said...

Hi Vicki,

I love your cards. The colours are so good and fresh lokking somehow. Like you, I had trouble with the one layer card and kept wanting to add layers. Hope you are feeling better.
Love Carol x

Monica K. said...

That button card is so, so cool!! Love how you added the ribbon center too. Very clever idea! :)

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, really love your round card, great idea the button!

Chris said...

Wow - I love thse cards but especially the round button card! So original and a beautiful idea. Many thanks for joining in with my challenge!

Lexxie said...

Both of these are beautiful Vicki, I love the colours.
Sadly I didn't draw the dress in my previous post. It is a stamp by Impression Obsession but I am hoping to do my my own version soon!
Love Sarita xx

Aimes said...

Fabulous cards, Vicki! Your circular one totally rocks - lovin those buttons in the shades of pink!
Thanks so much for playing along with our challenges!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S Hope you've a little more energy by now!

Stephanie said...

Hi Vicki, just wanted to pop by & say 'hello' - hope you're well hun XOXO